How to Make Basic Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch
The perfect chocolate cupcake is like heaven on earth. Cupcakes should be light and fluffy and melt in your mouth. The best way to accomplish this is to make your chocolate cupcakes from scratch. I would like to share my favorite from scratch basic chocolate cupcake recipe with you. The recipe is inspired from the Better Homes And Gardens Cupcakes 150 Sweet Recipes magazine which is no longer in print. They are sinfully delicious and I think you will just LOVE them. Ice these chocolate cupcakes with my orange butter cream frosting recipe. It can be made in any color and is fabulous with chocolate cake. Be sure to add lots of sprinkles and colored sugar!
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of cake flour
- ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- Take the butter and eggs from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside for later.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl beat the butter with an electric beater on medium to high-speed for 30 seconds. Little by little add sugar.
- Add the sour cream and beat for 1 ½ more minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well before you add another egg.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beat on low-speed after each addition. Beat on medium for 20 sec more.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Let it cool for 2 minutes then take them out of pan and cool for 1 ½ minutes more before frosting. Makes 24 cupcakes.
Print out my from scratch chocolate cupcakes recipe and put it in a notebook of your favorite recipes. Whenever you want to make cupcakes just pull it out and whip it up. My Dad says there is nothing better than a home-made chocolate cupcake from scratch. He also says I make the best chocolate cupcakes in the entire world. Give them a try and you can make the best cupcakes in the whole world too! By the way, let me know what you think! You might just like to try our red velvet cake recipe from scratch too. It make incredible cupcakes. You will love both the red velvet and these chocolate cupcakes! I promise!