Chocolate, Raspberry and Almond Flavors Say Be Mine Valentine – Linzer Cookie Recipe
Be Mine Valentine cookies! That is what you will be saying to these lovely raspberry filled Linzer cut out cookies. “Be mine!” You will want these Linzer cookies all for yourself! I realize this makes it hard to share a valentine cookie with a special friend or loved one on Valentines day. Especially since they are supposed to be given as a valentine. Giving them as a gift is a great excuse to bake them though. Give a few of these raspberry Linzer cookies away and stash some for yourself…that is what I always say. Well, as you will see, these cookies are special and they make a perfect valentine for someone you love. Bring a plate of them to your favorite World Civilization teacher for some extra points. Just kidding, he would never go for that but he would eat all of your cookies, so scratch that! Just stick with the Be Mine, All Mine idea.
Linzer Valentine Cookies Recipe
Be Mine Valentine Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/3 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- Confectioners sugar for sprinkling.
Be Mine Valentine Cookie Recipe Directions
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat granulated sugar and butter until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and almond extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured board roll half of the dough 1/8 of an inch thick (thin)
- Cut with a 2-3 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- In 1/2 of the cookie cutouts, use a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut a heart out of the center.
- Place cookies on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let stand on the cookie shee for 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of chocolate on the flat surface of each WHOLE cookie (not the ones with the center cut out).
- Top with 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry preserves.
- Sift or sprinkle top of cookies with wholes with confectioners sugar.
- Place the cookies with holes on top of the chocolate-raspberry cookies to form sandwiches.
Chocolate and raspberry are a perfect pairing. Rich and sweet and so good. Just because these Be Mine Valentine Linzer cookies take three steps does not mean they are difficult. They are, in fact, easy to make; you just have to be a little patient. Patience is a virtue, ya know? It is also worth it where these Linzer cookies are concerned. Even though I want to keep these all for myself I do share some on valentine’s day and It makes me happy when my friends swoon over these delicious cookies. You’ll see. When you take your first perfect bite with chocolate and raspberry flavors bursting through, you will look at your Linzer cookie and say BE MINE VALENTINE cookie!