Think of Summer and Blueberry Lemon Bread Will Pop Into Your Mind
Once you make this amazing Blueberry Lemon Bread you will never be able to eat it without thinking about summer. This bread is a go-to summer recipe at our house. We make Blueberry Lemon Bread each year for Fourth of July, Pot Luck parties, and picnics. We always make it in late summer when our own blueberries are ripe. Get ready for a special recipe that will smell like blueberry, lemon and summer in one simple whiff. Ahhh, enjoy!
Blueberry Lemon Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4) stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 Cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
Blueberry Lemon Bread Recipe Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees (300 degrees if you are using a glass pan like I did)
- Butter and flour an 81/2×41/2×21/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine first three ingredients in a small bowl
- Using an electric mixer cream butter with 1 cup of sugar in a large bowl until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add grated lemon peel.
- Mix in dry ingredients alternately, starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Place batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Pour blueberries on top of your batter.
- Fold blueberries into the batter gently.
- Bake until golden brown and tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean (about an hour and a half)
- While the bread is cooling bring the remaining 1/3 of a cup of sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir constantly until sugar is melted.
- Pierce the top of the warm loaf several times with a toothpick or skewer.
- Pour hot lemon mixture over the loaf while it is still in the pan.
- Allow the bread to continue to cool for 30 minutes in the pan.
- Turn the bread out and cool completely on a rack.
- Slice. Smell. Taste. Enjoy!
I don’t think there is anything that goes together quite like blueberry and lemon. YUM! I love this blueberry lemon bread recipe all year long. I especially love it in the summer, though. It smells like summer and tastes like summer. You definitely want to make our Blueberry Lemon Bread recipe this summer!