Pretty Garland Craft That Spells Your Name Is Easy To Make Teen Room Decor
Craft your name with this pretty garland project that will put your name in lights. Bling is the thing sister! Especially if it is a pretty pink glitter garland that is easy to make but will add tons of glam to your room. Actually you can make this gorgeous garland in any color of glitter that you like best. Whatever matches your space, do it. Your name, your personalized space.
- Glitter in your choice of color and texture
- Spray glue, we used Elmer’s
- Cardboard letters that spell your name.
- 1-3 Strands of ribbon to hang your letters on (approx 2 yards per ribbon)
- Glue gun and glue sticks.
Your Name Garland Craft Directions
1. Place your letters on a piece of cardboard, paper, or dry background of your choice. This will prevent the glue from getting on the surrounding area. The stuff is really sticky so be sure to do your spraying outside.
2. Spray each letter well with glue, make sure the letters are covered completely with spray glue.
3. Sprinkle a large amount of glitter onto a flat surface.
4. Dip the glue sprayed letter into the glitter, making sure it is covered evenly with glue.
5. Allow to dry for 30 minutes or so.
6. Spray the back side of your letters in the same way you did the front.
7. Dip the back side into the glue the same way you did the front.
8. Allow to dry completely.
9. Take 1-3 strips of ribbon allowing for 12-18″ of ribbon on either side of your name.
10. Tie knots in the ribbon where you want the letters to glue onto the ribbon. This just holds the letters on better.
11. Use your glue gun to glue the ribbon onto the letter. I put a large dollop of glue over and under the knot.
12. Allow the glue to dry and cool.
Now, you are ready to hang your name garland craft!
Add A Little Bling To Your Room With Your Name Garland
Your name garland craft is ready to hang. You can drape it over the back of your bed, over a picture, across a mirror, on the wall, or pinned to a bulletin board.
Your name garland adds a bit of bling to your teen room and is an easy to make craft.