Summer Cookie Recipe Because Lemonade and summer Go Hand In Hand
Lemonade Cookie Recipe is a taste of summer in every bite. These delicious, sweet cookie creations are delicious any time of year. They are especially fun in the summer with a tall glass of pink lemonade. Serve them with a bowl of lemon raspberry sorbet for something extra special. They are pretty on a platter for a summer birthday party. Or, you can just put one in each hand and chow down. They are so good, a whole batch won’t last the entire day. There is no better way to kick off the summer than with this lemonade cookie recipe. Like I said, they are like a taste of summer in every bite!
Lemonade Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 1/4 Cup lemonade drink mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 6 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup sour cream
Lemonade Cookie Recipe Directions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, and lemonade drink mix.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and lemon zest, beating well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low-speed blending well after each addition.
- Divide dough into fourths and wrap each fourth in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a 2 1/2 round cookie cutter (or glass from the cupboard) cut out dough.
- Place cookies one inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let cool on pans for 2 minutes,.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Ice cookies with lemonade icing, recipe below.
- Decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar (optional)
- 3 Cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 Tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate thawed.
- Combine all ingredients and beat at low-speed until smooth and creamy.
Lemonade cookie recipe is a delicious way to start the summer months. These cookies are so pretty, they are like a ray of sunshine. More than that, they are so good. I know you will love this lemonade cookie recipe. Be sure to share them with your friends and don’t forget the lemonade!