M and Ms and White Chocolate are Delish Together
M and Ms in Christmas colors are the secret ingredient in my recipe for White Chocolate Candy Cereal Snack Mix. Red and green M and Ms make this recipe festive and fun. All my friends and brothers friends love it. Adults seem to like it an awful lot too. I always like a recipe that is fun to give as a gift too. This one makes a perfect teachers gift or a special treat for the neighbors too. It makes a cute topper for a real present too.
Here is why I love this recipe:
- It tastes amazing, even my dad loves it and he hates sweets.
- It is easy to make.
- It is creative because you can add whatever ingredients you like best.
- It is cute and pretty and festive for the holidays.
- It is great any time of year, just change the color of the M and Ms.
M and Ms White Chocolate Christmas Candy Cereal Snack Mix Ingredients
- 2 packages of red and green m an ms.
- 1.5 cups Chex rice cereal
- 1/5 cups Chex corn cereal
- 16 ounces white chocolate vanilla candy coating, melted
- 1 package caramels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 12 ounces melted chocolate chips (light or dark-your preference)
- 1 cup peanuts (optional, we didn’t use)
- 2 cups mini pretzels or pretzel sticks.
M and Ms White Chocolate Christmas Candy Directions:
- Add the cereal, peanuts and pretzels to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate and pour over the cereal mixture.
- Mix well until the cereal mixture is all coated with white chocolate.
- Lay cereal mixture out on a cookie sheet.
- Melt caramels, 2 TBS butter, and 1 TBS milk in the microwave.
- Drizzle caramel mixture over the cereal mixture.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Drizzle melted chocolate chips over the caramel and cereal mixtures.
- Put in the fridge for 30minutes to harden.
- Break the concoction up into cookie sized pieces.
So, my experience is that you might want to make a double batch because this stuff goes really fast. Those M and Ms are very tempting. Or, is it the caramel. The white chocolate? No, I know, it is the chocolate. Whatever! It just tastes good! I do think it is the red and green M and Ms. What do you like about this special Christmas M and Ms White Chocolate Caramel Dark Chocolate Peanut, Pretzel, yadayadayada treat?