Candy Canes That Taste of Peppermint Add Color And Flavor to Your Christmas Season
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies are a favorite of our family. We make this cookie recipe every year. The whole house smells of peppermint and sweet cookies reminding me of Christmas. Yes, these peppermint candy cane cookies hold a special place in my heart. Christmas just wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t for this fave cookie recipe of mine. Some things just become a tradition for the holidays and this is one of them. They are just part of our Christmas traditions. These cookies would be fun to give to your friends and neighbors with the candy cane poem attached. Yes, they make great gifts and are so pretty on the table. Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies always get an ohhhhhhh and ahhhhhhh when people see them on the cookie platter. Enjoy!
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 3 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Food Coloring
- 6 candy canes, crushed
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookie Recipe Directions
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar, margarine, milk, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough into halves.
- Tint 1 half the dough with food coloring.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- For each candy cane, shape 1 teaspoon dough from each half of the dough.
- Roll each teaspoon of dough into a 4 inch rope and twist the two together to form a twist.
- Roll the twist in the crushed candy canes.
- Form the dough twist into the shape of a candy cane and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set and are a very light brown, approximately 9-12 minutes.
We are making Christmas Cookies this weekend. They are part of our holiday traditions and I can’t wait. My mom and I make quite a mess of the kitchen as we bake several different cookies in one day. These Peppermint cookies are definitely on our list. We always make an extra batch to share with the neighbors. Won’t you join us by making these yummy Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies recipe?