We Make The Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe You Have Ever Tasted
Serious! Our Pumpkin Pie Recipe is the best you have ever tasted. You should trust me on this because I am, like, the pumpkin pie connoisseur (thank goodness for spell check). We have made mini pies with this recipe. We have made pumpkin pie in mason jars with this recipe. Yet, we never just put the pumpkin pie recipe up on our blog as just plain pie. I think we haven’t posted it this way in the past because it just isn’t plain pie. It is the best Pumpkin Pie Recipe you have ever tasted. We want you to have this recipe in your favorites file for all your future holidays. It is worthy of passing down to your grandchildren. Yes, this is heirloom pumpkin pie! Serious!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe Ingredients
1 29 oz Can of pure Pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie filling)
2 (14 oz) cans Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk – the secret!)
2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (I leave this out because I am allergic to nuts)
1 teaspoon Salt
- Refrigerated pie crust.
- Prepare the refrigerated pie crust per the package instructions. We pre-bake ours to just a very light brown.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Mix very well with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Pour pumpkin pie filling into pie shells.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees and then turn the oven temperature down to 350.
- Then, you need to cook the large pies 35 – 40 minutes after you turn the oven down.
- You know they are done when you insert a knife or skewer into the center and it comes out clean.
- Decorate the pie with pie crust cut outs if you want to.
- We add the pie crust cut outs to the edge and center of our pies about 15 minutes before taking the pie out of the oven.
- Protect the pie crust edges with foil while cooking to prevent over cooking the pie shell.
- This recipe makes 2 nine-inch pies.
Follow the directions above for perfect pie every time. This pumpkin pie recipe really is the best we have ever tasted and think it wins the best pumpkin pie award. I think you and all of your guests will agree. After all, you are talking to a pumpkin pie connoisseur here! Serious!