Everyone At The Party Will Be Talking About Spring Birds Nest Cookie Recipe This Easter
Spring is here and it is time to make cute birds nests with this fun cookie recipe. Easter is the perfect time to serve this cookie recipe because, of course, it is in the spring! These cookies are fun to serve because everyone just loves them. They are so cute and fun and a perfect way to celebrate Easter. They just scream SPRING! After a harsh winter they are a welcome sight. I promise ya, Spring Birds Nest Cookie Recipe will be the hit of the Easter party.
Spring Birds Nest Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound vanilla candy coating
- Blue food coloring.
- 2 cups of chow mein noodles
- 2 Cups coarsely chopped corn flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, tinted green with food coloring
- 1/2 cup Cadbury Candy Coated Chocolate Eggs (or you can use Jelly Beans)
Spring Birds Nest Cookie Recipe Directions
- Melt candy coating slowly over low heat or preferably in a dutch oven.
- Stir in a small amount of blue food coloring to tint it a pale blue.
- In a large bowl combine chow mein noodles, corn flakes, and salt.
- Pour melted candy coating over mixture stirring until the mixture is coated in the pretty blue color.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil, parchment, or silicon mats.
- Form a birds nest with a spoonful of the mixture, shaping it into a circle.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of green coconut on top of each birds nest, pressing your thumb in the center of each coconut pile to make an indentation.
- Place three chocolate eggs or jelly beans into each birds nest.
- Refrigerate each nest for 10 minutes until set.
Spring is Here and It Is Time To Serve Spring Birds Nest Cookies
Isn’t this spring birds nest the cutest cookie ever! Try displaying this cookie recipe in an Easter egg tree in the center of your table for a fun centerpiece. Or, you could fill a pretty Easter basket to the brim with them. This recipe is adapted from the Fairies Cookbook by Barbara Beery. If you haven’t ever tried one of her cookbooks you should check them out. Her books are filled are filled with all kinds of easy yet delightful recipes. They are great for kids who want to learn to cook. This recipe makes about 12 cookies so you might want to double it for a bigger party. One thing is for sure, they will be the prettiest cookies at the Easter party. Plus, no one else is going to have a spring birds nest cookie recipe, it is one of a kind. Spring Birds Nest Cookies are just perfect for Easter!
Maybe the Easter Bunny should know about this Spring Birds Nest Cookie Recipe! What do you think?